There are so many benefits to getting a dehumidifier in your home. Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew. They are not disruptive to your daily life, and run quietly and efficiently in the background without most people even noticing. Dehumidifiers help reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your home.
These devices help to reduce the possibility that you will develop mold on your clothing, furniture, and other linens. They also reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home. A less humid environment in your home means clothing will dry faster, breads and cereals will remain fresh longer without getting stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools. Running a dehumidifier also helps reduce dust in your home, so you won’t have to clean as often.
To ensure that your dehumidifier operates at maximum efficiency, it’s best to use it in the most appropriate ways possible. Because outside air can affect the moisture level in your home you should always keep the doors and windows shut when the dehumidifier is on. It is also vital to set your dehumidifier in an area where it can render the best results. Your basement and bathroom are most likely to have higher moisture levels because of their damp or wet surfaces, which is why they are the ideal locations to place a dehumidifier in order to reduce excess moisture in the space.
Generally, you should set your dehumidifier to relative humidity levels of between 30 to 50 percent. At levels below 30 percent, the air may feel dry and above 50 percent, it may feel very wet. And don’t forget to clean the filter every few weeks. I didn’t even know there was a filter in mine until I burned out the motor in only a couple of years because of a totally clogged filter. Installing a dehumidifier is one of the simplest and most convenient purification solutions to keep your house free from moisture and mold. Just make sure that your model is properly cleaned and maintained for most effective and cost-effective operations. The most common place to install one is in the basement, which tends to be one of the dampest places in the house.
We absolutely love the Kloudic dehumidifier, we’ve been testing it our for the last month and we couldn’t be happier with it. This dehumidifier uses a Thermo-Electric Peltier Module and requires no compressor. You operate the Kloudic dehumidifier with a one touch button and the indicator light will turn RED when the water tank reaches between 350ml and 400ml, and the unit will auto-off. When the unit detects frost on the surface of the cooling plate, the unit will stop dehumidifying. After defrosting, the unit will continue to dehumidify automatically. It’s a very clever piece kit that’s absolutely essential at this time of year. You can buy yours here.
We’re super excited to be able to offer our readers the chance to win a Kloudic Dehumidifier of their very own. For your chance to win, just enter via the rafflecopter below. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 13th January 2020. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a Kloudic Dehumidifier.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.