Autumn brings a change in weather and arguably makes enjoying the outdoors much more fun! There are lots of puddles to be jumped in and piles of leaves to be kicked.
Sleep Under the Stars
A great way to do this is to camp in your garden! There are few better ways to get close to nature than camping. Remember that nights can turn cold quickly for little ones so be sure to pack warm clothing.
Get Out Your Sketchbooks
Autumn is truly one of the most visually stunning times of the year. Find a comfortable spot in your garden and capture the moment together forever!
This is a fantastic time to harvest seeds from your garden to grow into free plants, and children can get involved too.
Make A Collage
Challenge the children to forage for some natural materials to make a beautiful autumn collage. Using leaves, twigs and paints they can make a beautiful picture that would look perfect stuck to the fridge. Use appropriately autumnal paint colours such as reds, oranges and browns to really make it feel seasonal!
Pumpkin Carving & Decorating
Pumpkin carving is always a fun family activity. However, if you’re not up to carving this year remember that you can always paint them instead. Their big orange appearance make them the perfect canvas for a seasonal painting and a great excuse for the kids to splash the paints around. Challenge them to paint autumnal animals, Halloween phantoms and other pretty pictures.
Build A Den Challenge
Head out into the garden and help the kids build dens to spend an afternoon picnicking in. A top tip is to use a tree as a base and build outwards using sticks to make a sturdy structure. Next layer up a roof using crunchy leaves and you’ll have the perfect woodland den in no time! You could always liven it up by making it a competition, you can play judge and decide whose den is the best.
One of the only things that might put a stop to your garden adventures this Autumn is the cold, however we have the perfect solution to that! We’re super excited to be able to offer our readers the chance to win a Kingfisher Table Top Patio Heater perfect to keep you warm and toasty whilst you’re carving pumpkins. If you fancy winning one of these amazing outdoor heaters for yourself just enter via the rafflecopter below. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 23rd September 2019. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a Kingfisher Table Top Patio Heater.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.