So What Makes Macarons So Special?
We recently revealed how to make your own on macarons on Vivre Le Rêve and we’ve had lots of you send us lovely pictures of your creations. They look incredible! But what makes macarons so special? So sought after? Skilled labour of love – First and foremost, above all else, hands down the most expensive ingredient in making each and every macaron is the chef. Whilst most other treats are highly automated in their creation, macarons still command superior skills that only comes with a chef’s experience. Quite simply, labour=time=money.
Macarons are small round meringue-based confection discs commonly filled with either ganache, buttercream or jam filling, depending on the flavour. They have a huge range of flavours from vanilla to raspberry to orange blossom and coffee. What makes the macaron stand out is its visual appeal as well as its taste. Macarons come in a wide variety of colours ranging from bright yellows and turquoise to pastel lilacs and pinks.
What do I believe is the best thing about the macaron? The size. Macarons are packed with so much flavour and sweetness that you don’t need to stuff yourself with dozens of them. Just one or two is enough to satisfy any cravings. To conclude on these delicious delights, the macaron is light, delicate, colourful, sweet and rich with flavour. They’re perfect with a cup of coffee, as a light dessert or just as a simple gift to anyone you know.
You can buy our favourite macarons here and if you fancy winning a Mademoiselle Macaron Box of Macarons for yourself or someone special, just enter via the rafflecopter below. We have 3 to giveaway, Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 17th May 2019. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a Mademoiselle Macaron Box of Macarons.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.