Lemon Surprise Pudding with Cream
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 185g sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 40g self-raising flour
- 185ml milk
- 80ml lemon juice
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Heat the oven to 160C.
- Grease 6 individual small dishes.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, egg yolks and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Then stir in the lemon juice. The mixture may start to look like it has separated at this stage, but this is fine.
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dishes, place it in a deep roasting tin and fill the tin with enough boiling water to come a third of the way up the sides of the dish.
- Gently transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden, firm to the touch and risen.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!