Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the cake:
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 180ml buttermilk
- 120ml oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g fresh or frozen blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 100g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the loaf cake with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the loaf cake is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze on to the cooled cake.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
blueberry and lemon cakeblueberry cakeblueberry loaf cake recipe ukeasy blueberry loaf cake recipelemon and blueberry cakelemon and blueberry drizzle cakelemon and blueberry muffinslemon blueberry yogurt cake