Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For the cake:
- 180g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 180ml buttermilk
- 120ml oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g fresh or frozen blueberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 100g powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the loaf cake with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- While the loaf cake is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze on to the cooled cake.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!