Deliciously Saucy Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork
- Around 1.8kg pork shoulder
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 425g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 60ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly coat the pork with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Sear each side of the pork shoulder in the pan until the pork is brown. This will take bout 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add oil, onion and garlic and heat on medium heat. Cook onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, mustard, brown sugar and black pepper. Stir together until well combined.
- Add the seared pork back into the pan with the sauce and ladle the sauce mixture over the pork.
- Cover the pork with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pork for about 4 hours, until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Allow the pork to rest for about 15 minutes before skimming off any excess fat and shredding the whole shoulder.
- You can use this pulled pork for tacos, sliders and sandwiches. It’s also great on pasta and rice because the juicy sauce is so delicious.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!