How to Cook Perfect Fishcakes Every Time
- 800g boneless white fish fillet, like cod or pollock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 2tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 5tbsp plain flour
- 70-100ml sparkling water
- 50g butter
- 2tbsp grapeseed oil
- Finely chop the fish with a sharp knife. Place in a large bowl and mix in the beaten eggs. Fold in the shallots, chopped herbs, capers and flour, and season with salt and pepper. Chill for half an hour.
- When you are ready to cook the cakes, remove the mixture from the fridge and fold in enough sparkling water to make a loose mixture. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil, and let it brown lightly.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, pressing down to make 8cm patties and fry for 5-7 minutes on each side; they will become golden brown, with a crisp outside and soft inside.
- Serve the warm fishcakes with your favourite spicy dipping sauce and lots of seasonal vegetables.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!