How to Cook Perfect Fishcakes Every Time
- 800g boneless white fish fillet, like cod or pollock
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 2tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 5tbsp plain flour
- 70-100ml sparkling water
- 50g butter
- 2tbsp grapeseed oil
- Finely chop the fish with a sharp knife. Place in a large bowl and mix in the beaten eggs. Fold in the shallots, chopped herbs, capers and flour, and season with salt and pepper. Chill for half an hour.
- When you are ready to cook the cakes, remove the mixture from the fridge and fold in enough sparkling water to make a loose mixture. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and oil, and let it brown lightly.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, pressing down to make 8cm patties and fry for 5-7 minutes on each side; they will become golden brown, with a crisp outside and soft inside.
- Serve the warm fishcakes with your favourite spicy dipping sauce and lots of seasonal vegetables.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
best fish cakes evercod fishcakesfish cakes too wetfish cakes without potatohow to cook fish cakes in the ovenhow to make fish cakes stick togetherhow to make fish cakes with bread crumbswhy do my fish cakes fall apart