Here’s How to Make Cloud Eggs – The New Food Trend Taking Over Instagram
The latest food craze taking Instagram by storm is the cloud egg. It takes a little effort, but we think it’s worth it because they look so cute!
Plus they’re actually super delicious and healthy. They’re only around 161 calories per serving, and can be eaten on toast, with sides such as avocado, charcuterie, or simply as they are.
They are made by separating egg whites from the yolk and whipping them until they’re a fluffy, thick consistency. The whites are then baked in the oven for five minutes, before the yolk is put back on top of it, and popped back in the oven until it’s cooked. Just like the sunshine popping out of a cloud, get it?
- First, separate the yolk from the white.
- Whisk the white as if you were making meringues.
- Place the fluffy egg white in a mound on a baking tray, leaving a little dip in the middle where the yolk will go later.
- Bake in the oven preheated at 220°C oven for five minutes.
- Put the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud and return to the oven for three minutes before serving.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
This is taking off across social media and has been hashtagged thousands of times already, with people sharing their creations. We can’t wait to see yours!