Another interesting fact is that the original hampers were made for the wealthy Georgian classes who were travelling from London to their country retreats. Because the food at inns en route was often poor, these well-heeled customers asked Fortnum & Mason to prepare travellers’ baskets of food.
Review & Giveaway: The Fortnum’s Classic Christmas Hamper
We’ve featured many hampers here on Vivre Le Rêve over the past year, but this one is very special indeed. And looking forward towards Christmas, we think that this would make an absolutely wonderful gift. Whether you’re trying to think of what to buy a relative or you just fancy a treat for yourselves.
Fortnum & Mason is probably one of the world’s most renowned luxury department stores. Above all Its food hampers, first created in the late 1730s, have become synonymous with the brand – and its Classic Christmas hampers are a festive staple.
The Fortnum’s Classic Christmas Hamper presents everything one wants and needs for the big day.
Expect fanfares as the lid is lifted to reveal sparkling and still tipples, rich and delicious puddings, utterly buttery biscuits and the sweetest to crunchiest of jars. We start – where else? – with a superb example of Fortnum’s famous teas because this includes their honey-sweet Royal Blend to kick-start any winter’s morning. Certainly best enjoyed beside a roaring fire with their Christmas Nutcracker Biscuits, County Biscuit Selection, Piccadilly Salted Caramel Biscuits or Marc de Champagne Truffles for company.
Furthermore, speaking of company, there is a power trio of bottles: their Blanc de Blancs Champagne N.V., Côtes du Rhône and Bordeaux Blanc. similarly all delicious partners to your Christmas feasts – from morning toast with their Apricot Preserve to a lunch-time centrepiece with their new Christmas Chutney and Caramelised Onion Marmalade.
Above all Christmas spirit can be found in their St Hames Christmas Pudding. Especially with the addition of a little of their creamy Cognac Butter – together sweet and tipsy in each spoonful. Finally, Did you know? The price of a Fortnum’s hamper is always less than the cost of buying its contents and basket individually. So, there’s no reason not to splurge really!
Here’s everything you’ll receive in The Fortnum’s Classic Christmas Hamper
- Fortnum’s Brut Reserve N.V, Louis Roederer Bottle
- Fortnum’s Côtes du Rhône, Andre Brunel
- Bordeaux Blanc Sec, Fortnum’s Chateau Haut Rian
- Christmas Nutcracker Biscuits, 200g
- County Biscuit Selection, 400g
- The Monarch Marmalade, 340g
- Apricot Preserve, 340g
- Royal Blend Tea, 250g Loose Leaf Caddy
- Piccadilly Salted Caramel Biscuits, 200g
- Cognac Butter, 195g
- Christmas Apricot, Cranberry & Port Chutney 230g
- Fortnum’s Caramelised Red Onion Marmalade, 220g
- Marc de Champagne Truffles, 125g
- St James Christmas Pudding, 454g
All contained inside a Large Wicker hamper
- 56(W) x 38(D) x 38(H)cm
- Traditional Wicker
- Complete with leather buckles
You can buy The Fortnum’s Classic Christmas Hamper for £175 here. If you fancy winning this spectacular hamper for yourself, just enter via the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 12th December 2018. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is The Fortnum’s Classic Christmas Hamper.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.