Garlicky Kale and Chickpea Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g kale, chopped (remove any tough stems or inner ribs)
- 1 – 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add oil, then add the garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant, this should take no longer than 2 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook the greens until they are wilted and tender, folding the greens a couple times while cooking to help them cook evenly. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the chickpeas, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold the chickpeas and seasonings into the greens until everything is combined well.
- Serve salad warm or cold.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!