This is such a pretty little project to do during the school holidays, it’s super simple and just by changing the colours you can completely change the theme. Maybe deep blues and purples for a galaxy? Black and orange for Halloween? Or even Red, Green, Gold & Silver for Christmas. The possibilities really are endless, and once you get the basic recipe down pat you’ll be able to edit it in anyway that you wish.
I used the recipe below for each different color
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s Clear School Glue (5 oz)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Liquid Starch
- Liquid watercolors or Food Colouring (several squirts until you get the desired color)
- Fine glitter in a variety of colours
- You gotta take it slow. You’ll want to put your glue into a bowl first.
- Then add your coloring and glitter and mix well.
- Then you can start adding your starch, but just add it in small increments at a time, stirring well to mix after each one to incorporate your starch fully.
- After the first couple of additions, just like if you were making bread dough. you’ll need to use your hands to knead the starch in. Once your slime is the consistency you prefer, STOP!