Easy Peasy Apple Cinnamon Cake
As we’re almost in apple harvesting season and I’m the kind of saddo that looks forward to these things, I thought I’d share with you one of my all-time favourite apple dessert recipes: Apple Cinnamon Cake! It’s a great all-rounder that almost everyone appreciates, even the little ones. It’s a super easy recipe that’s great to get the kids involved with too.
Ingredients (serves 8+)
- 350g cooking apples
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 115g butter, chopped
- 115g soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- single cream
- creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 180’C/Gas mark 4
- Lightly grease a 23cm (9in) sandwich tin and line with baking paper
- Sift the flour and spices into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture is the consistency of breadcrumbs
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples and mix them with the soft brown sugar
- Stir into the flour mixture and beat in enough milk to form a soft, not sticky batter
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread it evenly around the sides
- Sprinkle with the demerara sugar to give the cake a crunchy topping
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch
- Cut into slices and serve with a dollop of single cream/creme fraiche and a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making this Apple Cinnamon Cake recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!