Delicious Garlic, Pea & Mushroom Risotto
- 800ml vegetable, chicken or fish stock
- 150g frozen peas
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g butter
- 2tsp finely chopped thyme
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 350g arborio rice
- salt & pepper
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 90g grated Parmesan
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a pan and set aside. Cook the peas for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and set aside. Cook the mushrooms in a pan for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and 25g of the butter in a large pan. Add the thyme, garlic and shallots, and cook over a medium heat, for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir while the rice absorbs the oil. Season well with salt and pepper and continue to cook gently for a few minutes, stirring. Add the wine, stirring continually as the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Start to add the warm stock, gently shaking the pan to prevent the risotto sticking to the base.
- After about 10-12 minutes, when almost all the stock has been absorbed, start to taste the rice to see if it is done.
- When the consistency is to your liking, add the peas, mushrooms and remaining stock, if required.
- Stir in the remaining 75g butter vigorously, then fold in half the Parmesan.
- Taste and pour into bowls, scatter over the remaining Parmesan and enjoy!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
bacon and mushroom risottocreamy mushroom risottofresh mushroom risottomushroom and chicken risottomushroom risottomushroom risotto recipe vivre le revemushroom risotto without winepea and mushroom risotto