Delicious Garlic, Pea & Mushroom Risotto
- 800ml vegetable, chicken or fish stock
- 150g frozen peas
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g butter
- 2tsp finely chopped thyme
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 350g arborio rice
- salt & pepper
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 90g grated Parmesan
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a pan and set aside. Cook the peas for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and set aside. Cook the mushrooms in a pan for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and 25g of the butter in a large pan. Add the thyme, garlic and shallots, and cook over a medium heat, for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir while the rice absorbs the oil. Season well with salt and pepper and continue to cook gently for a few minutes, stirring. Add the wine, stirring continually as the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Start to add the warm stock, gently shaking the pan to prevent the risotto sticking to the base.
- After about 10-12 minutes, when almost all the stock has been absorbed, start to taste the rice to see if it is done.
- When the consistency is to your liking, add the peas, mushrooms and remaining stock, if required.
- Stir in the remaining 75g butter vigorously, then fold in half the Parmesan.
- Taste and pour into bowls, scatter over the remaining Parmesan and enjoy!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!