The solar plexus chakra is what gives us our gut feelings about things. The solar plexus is responsible for maintaining a balanced relationship with divine energies. However, most of our lives have evolved over the years to become chaotic and this can set up blockages, especially when it comes to our self-esteem.
Envision that you have your own inner sun within you, this is your solar energy point. This is your solar plexus chakra, it is located above your navel and below your sternum. It is the third chakra from the bottom in the traditional system counting 7 chakras.
The main purpose of this energy centre is to provide strength to move forward to create your personal desires and intentions within the world.
It plays a central role in the development of personal power. It drives your direction in life, and the behaviours you need in order to reach your goals. That’s why it has a great impact on your image of self and your pursuit of social status.
A balanced solar plexus chakra, is the balance of your personal power. Of self-reliance and balanced relationships with other people.
When it’s out of balance, you’ll probably find yourself struggling with achieving your dreams. Having difficulty making decisions without seeking answers from others. It can also manifest as an excessive control over your environment and people.
Blocked Solar Plexus Signs
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling powerless
- Looking for validation from others
- Manipulating others to meet your interests
- Finding it difficult to achieve your goals
- Suffering from anxiety
Open Solar Plexus Signs
- A strong sense of your own power
- Able to admire others achieving their goals
- Able to trust your intuition
- Wanting to use your power and influence for good
- Not looking for other people’s validation
- Enjoying balanced relationships
Healing the solar plexus chakra is no easy task. But there are ways that you can do it:
Here’s how to perform a candle meditation:
- Light a candle.
- Sit down in the lotus pose and make sure your spine is straight.
- Relax and breathe deeply.
- Look at the candle and imagine that the wick is your body and the flame is your body’s energy being sent into the universe.
- Breath deeply for a couple of minutes and gaze at the flame.
- Gently move your attention to your solar plexus and imagine a yellow flame in that area.
- Picture it becoming warmer and burning all of the challenges that you are facing.
- Next, feel the power in your body and envision how it will transform your life. Picture it giving you unlimited strength and energy.
- Finish your meditation with words of appreciation.
Balancing your solar plexus with the help of yoga will involve building strength in the core. Here are some of the best yoga poses to help with that:
- Firefly pose (Tittibhasana)
- Bow pose (Dhanurasana)
- Boat pose (Paripurna navasana)
- Upward plank pose (Purvottanasana)
- Plank pose (Kumbhakasana)
- Sun salutations (Surya Namaskar)
The theory with this regarding the solar plexus is that precious stones that are yellow and golden vibrate at a frequency that can activate this chakra.
Some of the best ones used for healing the solar plexus chakra are the following:
- Golden Topaz: This stone is known as the stone of bravery and healing. Golden topaz is said to bring healing to the third chakra by increasing self-confidence and helping you to manage anxiety and anger.
- Citrine: Said to bring confidence and help you to be more optimistic and positive.
- Amber: Amber has a very strong attachment to the earth and sun. Said to improve motivation in a more balanced way.