Delicious Vegetarian Roast Butternut Squash
- 2 small butternut squash
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 200g Feta cheese, chopped
- 100g Long Grain And Wild Rice
- 50g pine nuts
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the squashes in half length ways, and remove the seeds.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1cm border, and chop into 1cm pieces.
- Place the squash halves on a roasting tray, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped squash and shallots for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic and the chilli and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the feta and pine nuts. Season to taste.
In a large saucepan add rice and 250ml water; bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, without stirring, about 25 minutes. Remove rice from heat.
- Remove the roasted squash halves from the oven and dividing evenly, mound stuffing into halves, and serve.
- Return to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the mint leaves.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!