Though we love the process of getting ready for Christmas, it can sometimes be overwhelming and feel like one giant, stressful to-do list. But if you’re feeling swamped, fear not. We’re is on hand to offer up some handy early Christmas prep countdown organisation tips.
To-Do Jobs Around the Home
- Stick to minimum household chores. Enjoy the season with friends and family–in your clean and organised home!
Christmas Prep Checklist
- Put together any toys that require assembly. Start early to keep the sparkle in the season.
- Check and organize stocking stuffers. Place each family member’s gifts in a separate grocery bag so Santa can get a good night’s rest on the 24th. Hang sacks on coat hangers in the back of a wardrobe to keep from prying eyes.
- Prepare for Christmas dinner. Set the table, arranging centerpiece, place-settings and serving dishes ahead of time. Sticky notes make it easy to know what goes where.
- Plan Christmas morning breakfast. The holiday will flow more smoothly with a menu plan, even for breakfast! Consider a simple Christmas brunch of poached eggs and smoked salmon or other alternative to an elaborate meal. Round it out with fresh juice, champagne and pre-made sweet rolls for a festive–but easy–meal.
Even if you are not the biggest fan of the festive season, it pays to be prepared for it. We are here to show you how to get ready for Christmas, without breaking a sweat. Preparation is more than half the battle in our opinion. If you know how to get ready for Christmas well in advance, then by the time the big day rolls around, you will be more chilled than a turkey in January.
So, what’s your plan for Christmas this year? Are you a bit of a Grinch or do you love Christmas? Do you bake and craft or are you a shop-and-ship kind of celebrator? We’d love to hear all of your tricks for the best way to get the most out of Christmas without breaking the bank!