Delicious Vegetarian Roast Butternut Squash
- 2 small butternut squash
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 200g Feta cheese, chopped
- 100g Long Grain And Wild Rice
- 50g pine nuts
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the squashes in half length ways, and remove the seeds.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1cm border, and chop into 1cm pieces.
- Place the squash halves on a roasting tray, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped squash and shallots for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic and the chilli and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the feta and pine nuts. Season to taste.
- In a large saucepan add rice and 250ml water; bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, without stirring, about 25 minutes. Remove rice from heat.
- Remove the roasted squash halves from the oven and dividing evenly, mound stuffing into halves, and serve.
- Return to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the mint leaves.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
butternut squash currybutternut squash recipes easyhow to roast butternut squash chunksroast butternut squash souproast butternut squash wholeroast butternut squash whole jamie oliverroasted butternut squash jamie oliverroasted stuffed butternut squash