Creamy Autumn Harvest Corn Soup
This is a great autumn/winter corn soup that can be stored for a few days and tastes great.
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 fresh bell/sweet Pepper
- 750ml water
- 100ml Whole Milk
- 50ml Double Cream
- 1 Diced Red Onion
- 2 Chopped cloves of Garlic
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- Sprinkle of Chopped fresh basil to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Shuck the corn by holding each ear of corn vertically over a baking sheet, use a sharp knife to slice off the corn kernels.
- Remove the stem and seeds. Then dice the pepper into small pieces.
- Mix the corn, the diced pepper with the olive oil and salt in a bowl, spread evenly on the baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring a couple of times. Remove the tray when the corn just starts to brown.
- While the corn is the oven, cut the cobs centers into 4 pieces and place them in a saucepan with the water. Bring the water to a simmer. Reduce the heat and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, adding the onions and garlic on a medium heat, stirring for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then add the roasted corn and peppers to the pan.
- Strain the corn cob liquid into the pan.
- Add the paprika and bring the soup to a boil.
- After simmering for 5 minuets add the milk, cream and splash of salt.
- Cook the corn soup for a further 3 to 5 minutes then serve. Add basil to taste.
To further the smokey flavor that the paprika adds, chop and fry up some smoked bacon to add that something extra!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!