Honey & Hot Sauce Popcorn Crunch
- 50g coconut oil
- 110g popcorn kernels
- 75g coconut oil
- pinch of cinnamon
- 255g honey
- 3tbsp your favourite hot sauce
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 110g honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 120°C. Line two baking trays baking paper.
- In a large pan, heat the 50g of coconut oil and then add the popcorn kernels. Put the lid on and cook the popcorn over medium heat until all of the kernels have popped. Move the popcorn off the heat, add the peanuts and set aside.
- In another saucepan, add the remaining coconut oil and the honey and bring to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the hot sauce, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and baking soda. Stir rapidly as it will foam up.
- Immediately add the syrup to the popcorn and peanuts and toss well, coating the popcorn as evenly as possible.
- Divide the popcorn between the two trays and bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes and rotating the trays. The finished popcorn will be a deep colour and it will be crispy. When you first pull the popcorn out you can press clumps together if you wish.
- Let the Honey & Hot Sauce Popcorn Crunch cool completely and then serve to snack on or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!