Super Easy Crunchy Carrot & Pistachio Cake
- 250ml sunflower oil
- 250g caster sugar
- Zest ½ orange
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 250 self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 100g pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 300g cream cheese
- 75g icing sugar, sifted
- Zest ½ orange
- 1-2tbsp orange juice
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease a shallow 20x30cm (8x12in) cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper about 5cm above the tin.
- Place the oil, sugar, orange zest and a pinch of salt in an electric mixer bowl and mix on a medium speed until well beaten. Reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add the eggs.
- Sift over the flour and cinnamon and gently fold in with a large spoon until smooth. Fold in the grated carrot and half the chopped pistachio nuts. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then, with the help of the overhanging baking paper, turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use a mixer to mix together all the ingredients until smooth and light. Spread over the top of the cake and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- This Crunchy Carrot & Pistachio cake is amazing layered too. Just mix up twice the frosting, bake another cake and assemble. Voilà!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!