Perfect for Picnics – Asparagus, Brie & Bacon Quiche
- 1 pack of ready made short crust pastry
- 30g butter
- 2 rashers of smoked back bacon (finely chopped)
- 6 spears of asparagus
- 100g of brie
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml of milk
- 4 medium eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Remove your pastry from the fridge and roll out on a floured work surface until it’s about 1cm thick. Get your loose bottomed tart case (20cm diameter).
- Grease the tart case with butter and line it with your pastry. Making sure you press into the edges of the tart case all the way round. Prick all over the pastry base with a fork, to release trapped air and stop the pastry from rising.
- Now line the pastry case with parchment paper and fill it with baking beans. Place onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 190˚C.
- Remove the beans and the paper from the case, brush the pastry with a little milk or egg wash, then pop back in the oven at 180˚C for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a pan and add the bacon, fry until cooked, then set aside. Now get your asparagus spears; trim off the hard root, cut them length ways then add to a hot frying pan and cook.
- Spoon the bacon mixture into the cooked pastry case, add the asparagus and crumble the brie on top.
- Make your mix up by adding the cream & milk to a jug, adding the eggs and whisking together.
- Pour the mix into the pastry case. Sprinkle the top with the grated Parmesan and bake the tart in the oven at 180˚C for about 25 minutes until the filling is golden and set.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!