Want to try the latest sleep solution technology? World’s first non-contact sleep tracker! S+ by ResMed Review & Giveaway
It’s been a very exciting week at Vivre Le Rêve because we’ve been testing out the very latest in sleep solution technology with the S+ by ResMed. The S+ by ResMed is a smarter sleep solution for people who wish to improve their sleep, it’s also the world’s first non-contact sleep tracker that accurately tracks every stage of the sleep cycle.
I have to admit that I was ridiculously excited to test this out. I’ve never been a great sleeper and I’ve always had trouble ‘switching off’ ever since I was a small child. I love quirky gadgets like this too, especially ones that are useful and have proven themselves to be so. Results from the US show that the S+ by ResMed improves sleep after just one week of use. After reading about all of the positive press it has received both here and across the pond, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in!
The S+ by ResMed system includes a modern looking device that sits beside the bed, a cloud-hosted Sleep Mentor system, and a free mobile app (compatible with Apple iOS and Android). The wonderful thing about the S+ by ResMed, is that it provides a daily sleep score and sleep charts. There’s also coaching and advice from the S+ Mentor, and features such as Mind Clear, Relax to Sleep and a Smart Alarm that are all designed to help you sleep better and wake up refreshed. ResMed has spent more than 10 years developing the S+, analysing more than two million nights of sleep to develop the very best solution available. ResMed is today recognised as the world’s leading technology-driven medical device company and innovator in sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory care, leading the field in developments in remote patient monitoring and connected healthcare solutions, so you know that it’s a brand that you can trust.
69% of S+ users with below-average sleep scores improved their sleep significantly in the very first week. S+ uses a patented bio-motion contactless sensor to monitor your breathing and body movements while you sleep. Extra sensors in S+ detect key sleep-related parameters in your bedroom environment including such as sounds, light level and temperature. These are analysed along with how they impact your sleep state to produce personalised suggestions to help you get a good nights sleep.
So, to start with you simply place the S+ on your bedside table to measure your sleep. S+ works by detecting the movement of your upper body while you sleep. The movement it detects consists of the expansion and relaxation of your chest as you breathe in and out, and overall body movements such as positional changes. A major component of the S+ system is their breakthrough technology for contactless and convenient measurement of sleep and breathing in the home called “SleepSensor”. This allows the S+ to accurately monitor your sleep without the need for any physical contact with it. This ability to accurately measure sleep patterns has also been published in a number of scientific journals and papers.
This unit sits on my bedside table, is powered via a Micro USB cable (so I can plug it into my multi-USB-device charger), and connects to my tablet via Bluetooth. The first couple of nights were a little fussy about getting the unit set to the right distance from the bed, but after that everything has worked great, I love how honest and innovative the underlying software and the sleep knowledge bank is, in trying to improve one’s sleeping habits and quality of life. Now I can make an educated decision on whether drink that extra coffee, and how it will then influence my productivity the next day.
I like the way the sleep data is stored in the cloud and available in the form of simple and intuitive reports on your computer or phone for analysis. The user interface of the app is also super simple to use. Unless Teddy decided to jump on the bed, the results were accurate. It took me a week to get used to the sleep parameters and the advice from Sleep mentor, but the experience has been progressive ever since. The Sleep mentor has now become an active part of my life style. 70% of the time, it had the right advice for me and I found it useful after having tried it. I found the clear, colourful graphs of previous night’s sleep, including REM, light & deep sleep, and wake times super useful. Helpful advice together with comparison to ideal sleep and after so many readings you can get a more comprehensive report to print and take to your doctor.
Now, I’m no scientist, so I can’t say definitively how accurate it is, but the readings do seem to reflect how I feel the previous night’s sleep went. I definitely would recommend it for anybody who would like to understand their own sleep patterns and learn ways of improving it. It seems to be very good at distinguishing between Deep Sleep and REM sleep. Typically, if I remember my dreams really well, my REM score is high. The overall score it gives for a night’s sleep correlates accurately with how refreshed I feel, generally if the score is 80 or above I feel good, whereas with scores below this I can feel tired. The mentor offers some useful advice for improving your sleep. There are lots of other tips, such as exercising, limiting alcohol intake before bed, etc. I especially love the rhythmic sound that helps lull me to sleep and the wake alarm that senses when you’re in a light sleep is a really nice feature.
This fab little device is currently on sale for £129.95, all you need to do to be in with a chance of winning this piece of fancy sleep tracking equipment for yourself is to enter via the Rafflecopter form below, the winner will be contacted directly by email after the 26th November 2016, good luck!
This competition is now closed.
Thank you to all of you that entered, the winner has been contacted directly so be sure to check your inbox!
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Winner’s details will only be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Competition closes at 12am on 26th November 2016. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is The S+ by ResMed.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.