I’m excited to talk to you today about a recent discovery of ours – Teapigs Premium Matcha Green Tea. You’ve probably already heard that matcha is a super hero amongst teas and this one from Teapigs is 100% green tea leaves from Japan – essentially a super power green tea containing natural green tea flavonoids. Drinking matcha can be like drinking 10 cups of regular green tea for its nutrient value – that’s why they call it super power green tea!
There are absolutely loads of green tea powders for cooking and drinking on the market, but genuine matcha comes from Japan and is produced in a very special way. Matcha green tea bushes are grown under lots of shade which boosts their chlorophyll content. The leaves are then handpicked and all the stems and veins are removed leaving only the juiciest, nutrient-rich leaves. The leaves are then ground by granite stones to a super fine powder.
According to Teapigs, when you drink regular green tea, you throw away the leaves afterwards, a bit like boiling spinach, throwing away the spinach and just drinking the water – you will get some of the nutrients, but you’re throwing away the best bit. With Matcha, you mix the vibrant- green, nutrient-rich powder into liquid and ingest the whole tea leaf. So, you’re consuming every little bit of that lovely green good stuff.
The lovely people at Teapigs sent over The Book of Matcha, all about the superhero tea – what it is, how to drink it and lots of yummy recipes. I just couldn’t couldn’t resist trying out one of the recipes for myself, so took on the Matcha Croissants and let me tell you, they were delicious!
I served mine with sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella. This book is incredibly useful for inspiration on how to get your dose matcha everyday. So many ideas that I would never of thought of, like – Almond Matcha Latte, Matcha Macarons, Matcha Marshmallows and so much more!
This competition is now closed.
Thank you to all of you that entered, the winner has been contacted directly so be sure to check your inbox!
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 21st June 2017. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is The Book of Matcha and Organic Matcha Teapigs.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.