Make & Freeze Ahead Gingerbread Dough
3tbsp golden syrup
350g self raising flour
1-2tsp ground ginger
100g caster sugar
1 egg beaten
Icing and smarties to decorate
• Preheat oven to 180c/350f/gas4
• Melt the butter and syrup together in a saucepan over a gentle heat.
• Place flour, ginger and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter/syrup mixture stir slightly and add the egg.
• Knead until smooth and leave for 15 minutes to cool.
• Roll out to thickness of around 6mm and cut out gingerbread men.
• Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook in the centre of the oven for about 8mins or until golden. Remove and decorate once cool.
I make large batches of this gingerbread dough for making gingerbread houses and keep it in the fridge for a week with no issues what-so-ever. Simply keep it tightly wrapped in plastic. I have also frozen gingerbread dough and taken it out of the freezer up to six months later and used it very successfully. Again, be sure to wrap it tightly before freezing.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!