Super Easy Make Ahead Stuffed Tomatoes
These simple stuffed tomatoes can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. They make a delicious light supper when served with a salad.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 75g long-grain rice, cooked
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- basil 2 tbsp, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes and set them aside. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp and juices and place in a bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, season well and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the tomatoes and place in a small roasting tin.
- Top each tomato with its ‘lid/top’.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until tender.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!