I’m very relieved to say that I am now done with my Christmas shopping, the earliest I’ve ever been finished actually. But there is one more purchase I need to get before I can officially be smug about the whole thing, and that’s to buy the final stocking stuffers. Now, I don’t know about you, but I find it a lot easier to buy stocking fillers for boys than I do girls, maybe it’s because I’m surrounded by testosterone in this house! Ha! Anyway, on my quest to find nice posh looking little gifts, I remembered all about Yankee Candle’s 2016 Festive Collection. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it before really, there’s always a Yankee Candle burning in this house and who doesn’t love them, right?
So, I set about sniffing my way around the four new Christmassy scents and I was not disappointed. It’s a bit of a tradition for my little boy and I, we like to add a new one to our collection whenever they bring out new themes, but especially at Christmas time. Whenever I get even the slightest whiff of Yankee Candle’s Christmas Eve, it takes me straight back to Christmas when he was a baby. I think that’s the fascinating thing about scent, nothing can transport you back to a memory better than a nostalgic fragrance. This festive season their four newbies are Macaron Treats, All is Bright, Festive Cocktail & Star Anise and Orange. They all smell divine and I can fast see them becoming Christmas favourites.
Macaron Treats: The classic Parisian macaron-sweet as can be and lighter than air, with notes of vanilla, almond and, of course, sugar.
All is Bright: A blend of sparkling citrus scents drifting on warm musk.
Festive Cocktail: Celebrate with a tart concoction spiked with mountain berries and a sprig of fresh-snipped pine.
Star Anise and Orange: A juicy slice of fresh orange cooled by sweet anise-refreshing!
They’re ready to present as they are really, in their cute little jar, but I thought I’d try to wrap them a bit, ready for their new stocking home and I think they look fab with a little bow tied around them and a sprig of holly. If you fancy winning your own small jar of Star Anise and Orange just enter via the Rafflecopter form below, good luck!
This competition is now closed.
Thank you to all of you that entered, the winner has been contacted directly so be sure to check your inbox!
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner’s details will only be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 11th December 2016. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is 1 Small Jar Star Anise and Orange Yankee Candle.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.