Classic French Bistro Cooking – Poulet à l’Estragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken leg portions
- 2 tbsps tarragon, minced, plus four sprigs
- 250ml white wine
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 3tbsp crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms until softened.
- Next, fry the chicken until browned on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to an ovenproof dish in a single layer.
- Tip the fat out of the frying pan and pour in the wine. Bring to the boil, stirring well to release all the brown bits from the base of the pan. Pour over the chicken, and tuck in the tarragon sprigs.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish and keep warm. Tip the juices into a small pan, and spoon off the fat from the top if there seems to be a lot.
- Bring the juices to simmering point. Stir in the crème fraîche, mushrooms, the rest of the tarragon and add the chicken. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
estragon sauce recipepoulet à l'estragon au fourpoulet à l'estragon en cocottepoulet a l'estragon in englishpoulet a l'estragon recipepoulet a l'estragon vivre le revepoulet estragon moutardewhat is estragon sauce