Our Ultimate Autumn Pumpkin Soup With Mascarpone
- 1.3kg pumpkin or squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 200g shallots, skin on, halved length ways
- 1 small head garlic, skin on top centimetre sliced off
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 750ml good chicken or vegetable stock, plus extra if needed
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100g Mascarpone (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180˚C. Scatter the pumpkin in a large roasting tin with the shallots, garlic-cut-side down – rosemary, olive oil and seasoning.
- Roast for 45 minutes until mostly tender and golden in places, but not too browned.
- For the garnish, toss the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray with the olive oil and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is ready, remove the rosemary and squeeze the softened garlic and shallots from their skins into the roasting tray, discarding the skins.
- Heat the stock in a saucepan large enough to fit the pumpkin, then add the contents of the roasting tray and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth purée using a stick blender, thinning with more hot stock if necessary.
- Reheat gently to serve, season and ladle the pumpkin soup into bowls. Crumble over the Mascarpone and scatter with pumpkin seeds and parsley.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!