- 450g cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 bottle red zinfandel
- 150ml cherry flavoured liqueur
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle sparkling rose wine
- mint or basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place cherries in an oven proof baking dish and sprinkle with sugar. Roast the cherries for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the red zinfandel and cherry liqueur in a large jug with the roasted cherries.
- Add sliced orange and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve over ice, top with a generous splash of sparkling rose wine and garnish with mint or basil leaves.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!