My boy loves these as a little after school snack, they are so simple to make and are actually really healthy. Simply because I’ve removed the carby base and replaced it with a slice of courgette.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Courgettes, sliced.
- Salt & Pepper
- 70ml Tomato Puree
- 110g of Grated Mozzarella
- Pepperoni / Serrano Ham – Sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Pour your olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Place your courgette slices in the pan, until golden brown. Approximately 2 miniutes on each side, turning once.
- Remove from pan and season generously with salt & pepper.
- Place cooked courgette slices onto a baking tray and top each one with a squeeze of tomato puree, mozzarella and meat of your choice.
- Cook in oven until mozzarella is melted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Italian herb seasoning.