- ¾ cup white spelt flour (or you can just use plain white flour or gluten-free plain flour)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional flavourings: ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, ⅛ tsp ground cardamom and zest of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil or other mild flavoured oil
- Fresh fruit
- Your usual go-to pancake topping
- Heat a dry frying pan on a low heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until well combined and the texture is runny but thick.
- Ladle approximately ¼ cup of the batter onto the dry pan and cook for 20-30 seconds before carefully flipping onto the other side. Cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy!