- 4 large organic egg whites, at room temperature
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
for the topping:
- solids from 2 cans full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 40g Icing Sugar
- a few drops vanilla extract
- a few drops lemon oil
- 2 cups raspberries & mint
- For the merongues, preheat the oven to fan 100C/ conventional 110C/gas 1⁄4 and line 2 baking trays.
- Tip the 4 large egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Beat them on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
- Turn the speed up and start to add 115g caster sugar, a spoon at a time. Continue beating for 3-4 seconds between each addition. It’s important to add the sugar slowly at this stage as it helps prevent the meringue from weeping later. However, don’t over-beat. When ready, the mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Sift one third of the 115g icing sugar over the mixture, then gently fold it in. Continue to sift and fold in the remaining icing sugar a third at a time.
- Scoop up a heaped spoonful of the mixture and just drop them in rough rounds. Bake for 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 hours in a fan oven, 1 1⁄4 hours in a conventional or gas oven, until the meringues are a pale coffee colour.
- After cooling, the meringues will now keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for a month.
- Make the coconut cream: remove your coconut milk from the fridge and carefully scoop the thick solid part off the top. Save the watery part for another use. Use an electric mixer to whip the coconut cream until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon and mix again.
- Top meringues with a spoonful of coconut cream, berries and mint.
- Serve immediately.
Cheap Lactose Free Recipeschewy meringue recipemeringue nestsmeringue pavlovameringue recipe easymini meringue recipeMini Pavlovaspavlova meringue recipe