How to Make Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork
- Around 1.8kg pork shoulder
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 425g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 60ml soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly coat the pork with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat large cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Sear each side of the pork shoulder in the pan until the pork is brown. This will take bout 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add oil, onion and garlic and heat on medium heat. Cook onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, mustard, brown sugar and black pepper. Stir together until well combined.
- Add the seared pork back into the pan with the sauce and ladle the sauce mixture over the pork.
- Cover the pork with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pork for about 4 hours, until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
- Allow the pork to rest for about 15 minutes before skimming off any excess fat and shredding the whole shoulder.
- You can use this pulled pork for tacos, sliders and sandwiches. It’s also great on pasta and rice because the juicy sauce is so delicious.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
bbq pulled pork recipe ovenjamie oliver pulled pork recipe ovenpork loin recipe ovenpullepulled pork dutch ovenpulled pork in oven with foilpulled pork in the oven covered or uncoveredpulled pork oven temppulled pork recipe oven quick