Here’s What You Can Prepare In Your Garden This September
- Muscari bulbs are very affordable and will also add a beautiful shade of rich blue to a patio or garden next spring.
- Boost patio terracotta pots with a few baby chrysanthemums.
- Pick all tomatoes by the end of this month, placing green ones in a paper bag with a few red to speed up the ripening process.
- Pick autumn raspberries.
- Dig up remaining potatoes before slug damage spoils them.
- Now is the time to net ponds before leaf fall gets underway.
- It’s time to plant spring flowering bulbs, like daffodils. I like to plant them in deep hanging baskets and edge them with ivy trails.
- Clean out bird feeders and refill with nuts and seeds.
- This is a great time to reseed bare patches in the lawn during a wet spell and apply autumn lawn feed.