Ham & Mushroom Baked Duck Eggs
- 80g butter
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 60g ham off the bone, chopped
- 4tbsp double cream
- 2tbsp crushed croutons
- 4 duck eggs (or extra large chicken eggs)
- Toasted baguette, to serve
- Fresh parsley – chopped, for garnish
- 120-150g wild mushrooms, cleaned
- Heat the oven to 160˚C
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the spring onions and mushrooms until they soften. Add the ham and sauté for another minute. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Pour the cream into a jug and season well.
- Divide spoonfuls of the ham, mushrooms and spring onions between four ramekins, then add the croutons and pour in the cream. Break an egg into each ramekin. Place the ramekins in a deep roasting tin, then pour in boiling water until it reaches half-way up the side of each ramekin. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm. Serve immediately with toasted bread and chopped parsley.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!