1. Escape to the country and have a cycle ride at this lovely park called The Rising Sun Country Park in Tyneside.
2. Sandall Park in Doncaster is great for learning to ride a bike, or scooting around the lake.
3. Explore the family-friendly cycle trails of varying lengths at Capstone Farm Country Park. There’s also a mountain bike trail for the more adventurous.
4. Pick up a leaflet from the Cycle Hire shop at Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire, and explore the parkland and lake on your own or rented bikes. There are 20 miles of cycle routes.
5. West Park in Wolverhampton is a traditional Victorian park on the flat, so great for children who are just finding their confidence on a bike or scooter.