Delicious Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream
- 4 egg whites
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tsp white vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2tsp cornflour
- 200ml double cream
- 3tbsp lemon curd
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 12 strawberries
- Heat the oven to 120°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw 20cm diameter circle in the middle of the baking paper.
- Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, mixing well. Continue beating until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the vinegar, vanilla and cornflour. Heap the mixture onto the circle in the baking paper. Shape into a circle with a spatula, leaving the centre slightly scooped out.
- Cook for about 1-1 1/2 hours, until crisp on the outside. Turn off the oven and allow to cool inside with the door slightly open.
- To serve, whip the cream and add the lemon curd. Top the pavlova with the whipped cream, strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar, enjoy!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!