Brie, Strawberry and Avocado Melts
- 300g ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 slices of thick bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 big slices of ripe brie
- A handful of babyleaf rocket salad (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with sugar so that they are fully coated.
- Transfer to a baking tray and space apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes until berries are juicy.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly drizzle half of the olive oil over two slices of bread and place oiled side down in the frying pan.
- Lay brie on top then add avocado, roasted strawberries and optional rocket.
- Drizzle two slices of bread with olive oil and place oiled side up on the sandwich.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip the sandwich, reduce heat and cook a few more minutes.
- Enjoy immediately! Makes 2 sandwiches.
brie and strawberry jam grilled cheesejapanese strawberry sandwichstrawberries and cheddar cheesestrawberry and cheese platterstrawberry and cheese ratatouillestrawberry recipes