Deliciously Cheesy Brie & Bacon Scones
- 360g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 140g cold butter, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 190g shredded brie
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 240ml & 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Egg wash glaze: 1 egg, 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic powder until combined.
- Add the diced butter to the flour mixture, and use a fork to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the brie, chives and bacon until combined. Then pour in the buttermilk, and knead the mixture with your hands until the dough is evenly combined.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, and use a rolling pin to roll it out until it is about 1/2-inch thick. Fold the dough in half horizontally, and then fold it in half again vertically (so that there are 4 layers in there).
- Then roll the dough out again and roll until it is about 1/2-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out the scones, and transfer them to the baking tray.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg and water until combined. Then brush the egg wash glaze on top of the scones, so that the tops will be nice and golden.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the scones are cooked through.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!