- Chestnut mushrooms
- Brown bread
- Fresh basil
- Blue cheese (soft Stilton or Gorgonzola)
- Double cream
- Mixed spices
- Olive oil
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters and place them in a bowl. Add a small amount of olive oil and some herbs of your choice – I like rosemary, garlic, thyme, coriander, fresh basil and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Mix in the bowl, so the mushrooms are lightly coated, then leave them to one side for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a pan and add the herby mushrooms with a small cup of water. Cover and leave to steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, draining the liquid into a bowl and then return this liquid to the hot pan but do not place it on the heat. Add a small amount of cream to this liquid and a 1cm wide wedge of blue cheese, allowing it to melt together.
- Return the Stilton mushrooms to the pan and mix, so they are evenly coated and add a generous amount of fresh basil leaves.
- Finally, toast some bread. Place the bread on a plate, and add a couple of spoonfuls of the Stilton mushrooms with blue cheese sauce. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!