Banish your Winter Blues with Whisky Pudding Cake
If you love the cozy, warming feeling of a hot toddy on a cold, winter night. This whisky pudding cake is for you. Bake until golden brown and a little crisp on top, whilst the underneath is a rich, luscious pudding. Divine…
- 40g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 225l whole milk
- 75ml fresh lemon juice
- 4tbsp Scotch whisky
- 125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3tbsp honey
- 1tsp grated lemon zest
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 75g caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 180°C and butter a shallow baking dish.
- Sift together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, lemon juice, whisky, butter, honey, lemon zest and egg yolks, then stir into the flour mixture.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk at a medium speed until frothy. Increase the speed to medium-high and add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating until the whites can form stiff peaks.
- Fold about a third of the whites into the flour mixture, then gently fold in the rest. Pour the batter into the baking dish and cook in a water bath for 40-45 minutes, until pudding cake is golden brown. Serve warm.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!