Here’s Why Everyone Needs a Sage No Mess Waffle Maker
Firstly, and this might be a strange way to start a review on Vivre Le Rêve. But my almost teenage son hardly comes out of his bedroom anymore – but once this gets cranking out the waffles he appears magically with knife and fork at the ready! It’s been a big hit with the whole family. Really well made, easy to clean (just wipe it over after) and consistent browning results every time. Crispy golden waffles without the mess.
They’ve elevated the subtle art of waffle making by directly addressing its only trouble spot: batter splatter.
The circular moat catches and cooks excess batter, keeping it in all in play. Browning control lets you choose from light and fluffy to crispy. It’s an easy to use waffle press, with a moat that catches any excess mixture. The adjustable temperature gauge works like any toasting machine, allowing you to cook your waffle to your chosen preference.
Before adding the mixture the machine takes around 5-10 min to heat up before the “ready” light indicates that it is at the right temperature. Once the mixture is added I wait about 5 min before the machine beeps to let me know that my waffle is done. After this it is just a simple matter of peeling the waffle out of the template to be served as desired.
I have been put off using a waffle iron in the past because they seem impractical and difficult to clean.
This one however is a dream. It beeps to tell you it is up to temperature. The recipe tells you the correct amount to put into the iron, lets you cook it to the colour you like whilst beeping to tell you it is done. No guess work! It has to be said that this is on the pricier side but I’m a convert of spend more:spend once and so far this seems to be holding true.
The integral locking catch is not for cooking but great to secure the lid in place when carrying it around the kitchen. The non-stick surfaces are way beyond how non-stick used to be. For a normal waffle you definitely won’t need to grease anything; for protein powder or flax seed flour versions, a light greasing will probably be necessary.
The browning control is not gimmicky at all – I’ve found it very accurate.
Normally I do regular waffles on a 3 and protein versions on 4. Discreet but perfectly audible beeps announce when the cooking temperature is reached and this is the cue to ladle on the batter. Gently shut the lid. Wait for the gorgeous aromas to waft upwards and the beeps once again tell you that the browning number you’ve selected has once again been achieved. Et voila! Perfect waffles every time. If they’re not eaten immediately, I store them between sheets of kitchen paper in a warm oven.
Finally, the waffles are fluffy, evenly browned and they’re nice and thick. It makes the most amazing waffles. Easy and simple to use, waffles are made within minutes. We’re currently using the waffle maker on a weekly basis. Very happy with this equipment. It does all that is needed in a very simple way, and always with the same results. Minimal cleaning is required. As a result it is in regular use and is likely to remain so. You can buy this fabulous waffle maker here for £99.99 and If you fancy winning a Sage No Mess Waffle Maker for yourself, just enter via the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 7th January 2019. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a Sage The No Mess Waffle Maker.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.