Super Easy Prawn & Courgette Risotto
- 1½l fish stock
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- garlic clove x 2, chopped
- 2 medium courgettes, diced
- 300g risotto rice
- 50g frozen peas
- 350g cooked, prawns
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- salt & pepper
- Bring the stock to a gentle simmer in a saucepan.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and fry the onion, peas, garlic and courgettes for about 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the rice and the onions and stir gently until coated with the oil. Put in enough of the simmering stock to just cover the rice. Stirring frequently, allow the rice to absorb most of the stock before adding any more. Repeat the process, stirring well and adding stock as required.
- It will take about 20 minutes to cook. Taste the rice for texture.
- Remove from the heat, add the prawns and parsley, then stir in the crème fraiche. Season to taste. Cover and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!