Deliciously Salty & Sweet – Sea Salt Ice Cream
12 large egg yolks
950ml double cream
475ml whole milk
1 tbsp flaky sea salt, plus more for serving
1 tbsp vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean
- In a saucepan, whisk 200g of the sugar with the egg yolks until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the sugar, vanilla, half of the cream, and the milk until smooth and place over medium-high heat.
- Cook the custard, stirring constantly, for about 8 minutes. Scrape the custard into a bowl and stir in the remaining cream and the salt.
- Let the custard cool to room temperature and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scrape the ice cream into a container and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- Serve with more sea salt sprinkled on top.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!