I’ve been looking for a mirror just like this for ages, so I’m super excited to finally get my hands on one to show you guys. The touchscreen HAMSWAN SM217-DL makeup mirror adopts eco-friendly thickened ABS and glass materials to ensure it looks great, is light weight and safe.
It has 21 built-in LED bulbs with an ON/OFF touch button, which allows you to do your make-up in a poorly lit area or see your application in much more detail. You are able to set the LED bulbs to your desired brightness by keeping your finger on the power button. It also rotates 180 degrees and can be fixed at any position to give you the perfect viewing angle.
There’s even 2X and 3X magnification to make sure every detail of your hair and makeup is perfectly in place, from all angles, especially working well for eyeliner, eyebrows, contact lens, etc. You need 4 AAA batteries to power it, or a USB connection. LEDs won’t use a lot of power so the 4 AAA batteries it needs will last a very long time.
The light it emits is not too bright, in fact it’s very flattering whilst still giving you a true reflection of colour and shading. Inside the box, you will find that the mirror is in two parts, the stand and the mirror. The mirror simply clicks into the stand.
There are four mirrors in total which allow you to see your full profile when applying your makeup, the central mirror and two side mirrors. The left side mirror is split into two sections, two and three times magnification.
I love that there are 3 light modes and these are changed by a simple touch button and that you can use the light feature for other activities, like reading. It’s compact and foldable, unlike most bulky vanity mirrors currently on the market and there is no ridiculous magnification. X2 and X3 are perfect for me, because I like to see a little bit more detail, not every pixel on it!
Overall, a makeup mirror should give you a true reflection of what you look like in real life. This Mirror does just that. I applied my make up my usual way, using my normal vanity mirror and took a photo. The following day, I applied my makeup by looking in the HAMSWAN mirror and took a photo, the result is identical. Also because it folds up it does not take up too much space. It’s exactly what I wanted on my dressing table.
Now, the lovely people at HAMSWAN are offering our readers the chance to win a Make Up Mirror for themselves. Just enter via the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win, good luck!
And as if that isn’t generous enough, they’re also offering all of our readers 15% off, using code: 750001OF
This competition is now closed.
Thank you to all of you that entered, the winner has been contacted directly so be sure to check your inbox!
- This promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 4th June 2017. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is an Illuminating Make Up Mirror.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Vivre Le Rêve™ nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.