Perfect Zesty Roast Salmon Every Single Time
FOR THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- 120ml lemon juice
- 200g chilled butter, diced
- salt & pepper
FOR THE SALMON FILLETS:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thickly sliced
- handful of dill, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 4 thick salmon fillets, with skin on
- Heat the oven to 220°C. First make the lemon butter sauce. Bring the lemon juice to the boil in a pan over a medium heat. Whisk in the diced butter, a little at a time, until melted and well combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly while cooking the fish.
- Drizzle a roasting tray with olive oil and cover with the fennel, dill, garlic and lemon slices. Place in a hot oven and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon fillet with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan over a high heat. When it’s hot, add the salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and place the seared salmon fillet, skin-side up, on top. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with the lemon butter sauce, enjoy!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!