Perfect Zesty Roast Salmon Every Single Time
FOR THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- 120ml lemon juice
- 200g chilled butter, diced
- salt & pepper
FOR THE SALMON FILLETS:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thickly sliced
- handful of dill, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 4 thick salmon fillets, with skin on
- Heat the oven to 220°C. First make the lemon butter sauce. Bring the lemon juice to the boil in a pan over a medium heat. Whisk in the diced butter, a little at a time, until melted and well combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly while cooking the fish.
- Drizzle a roasting tray with olive oil and cover with the fennel, dill, garlic and lemon slices. Place in a hot oven and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon fillet with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan over a high heat. When it’s hot, add the salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and place the seared salmon fillet, skin-side up, on top. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with the lemon butter sauce, enjoy!
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
baked lemon salmon in foilbaked salmon with lemon and dillbaked salmon with lemon butter saucelemon salmon saucelemon salmon tescolemon- salmon wheel of fortunesalmon marinade lemon garlicsalmon with lemon and garlic