Butterscotch Pudding With Toffee Crunch
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Crunchie chocolate bar, crushed
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add the brown sugar and stir until all brown sugar is wet-looking.
- Stop stirring, and let the mixture bubble until it becomes liquid and smells nutty and caramelly. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 cup of heavy cream. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan off of the heat, whisk together milk, cornstarch and salt. Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butterscotch.
- In a glass measuring cup, beat yolks with a fork. In a very slow, steady stream, pour about 1 cup of hot pudding mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly.
- Whisk yolk mixture back into remaining pudding and stir over medium-low heat until it thickens and a few sputtering bubbles appear at the surface, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pudding to a large bowl. Stir in scotch and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Cover with clingfilm, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding, and refrigerate until chilled, this will take at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours in advance.
- Just before serving, beat cream on high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form and beat in sugar and vanilla extract. Top individual servings of pudding with whipped cream, sprinkle with toffee crumbles and serve.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making this Butterscotch Pudding With Toffee Crunch recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!