Here’s What You Can Prepare In Your Garden This July
Need ideas for the garden? Here’s what you can start planting and prepping in July:
- Give your indoor plants a holiday. Take them out on to the patio to add to the display – and give them some fresh air and sunshine, too!
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed, all lawns need feeding in order to maintain vigour. When feeding, look out for signs of pest or disease and apply moss killer if required. Regular maintenance is the best way to approach a lawn, and may avoid the need for renovation later on.
- Harvest lavender flowers before they are fully open for finest fragrance.
- Harvest apricots, peaches and nectarines. It’s also time to cut back cranesbill geraniums, herbs and other straggly perennials, then water and feed for fresh flowers.
- Pick courgettes before they become marrows. Marrows are easy to grow from seed and can be sown outdoors in the spot where they are to grow, or you can start them off indoors in pots.
- Bring in the butterflies: bedding plant Lantana camara beats even the buddleia for pulling power. Buy a pair to pot up, and enjoy the fluttery action.