Cinnamon Sugar Porridge with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 415ml milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 135g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1½ tsps cinnamon
- 30g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- a drop of vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- In a saucepan add milk, sugars, vanilla and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, return to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until porridge begins to thicken.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until just melted.
- Stir in icing sugar until combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Add in a little more icing sugar if glaze is too thin or a little more milk if glaze is too thick until desired consistency.
- Place desired amount of porridge in serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and then drizzle on top of that some of the cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
baked cinnamon roll oatmealbrown sugar cinnamon baked oatmealcinnamon bun oatmeal recipecinnamon roll cake with cream cheese frostingcinnamon roll oatmeal cookiescinnamon roll oatmeal muffinscinnamon roll steel cut oatsvegan cinnamon roll oatmeal