Deliciously Chewy, Nutty, Apple with Walnut Flapjack
- 2 eating apples (unpeeled), cored, finely chopped
- 150g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 50g porridge oats
- 2 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, then grease the sides of a 9x12in baking tin with butter and line the base with baking parchment.
- Mix the apples, butter, sugar and cream together well.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and place the walnuts on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden, then remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool down completely.
- When cool, cut into bars and remove from the tin.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!